Bishop Auckland Astronomical Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bishop Auckland Astronomical Society

Official forum of B.A.A.S.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MalcolmB

MalcolmB

Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Empty
PostSubject: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Heads Up!!!

There are a couple of close conjunction that might make a nice image.

July 5th - Moon and Mars
July 6th - Moon, Mars and Saturn
July 7th - Moon and Saturn

I'll post images from Starry Night when I work out how to do it!!!

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
MalcolmB

MalcolmB

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
MalcolmB

MalcolmB

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Brilliant!!! It works!!!
Back to top Go down
DUANE
Admin
DUANE

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:44 pm

Brill mate,good job.I'm on countdown now,dark nights T Minus 82 and counting.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Schrodinger

Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 11:17 am

That does look like a good photo opportunity, Malcolm. Do you have any recommendations for camera settings?
(F No, ISO, exposure, etc?) I'm worried that the Moon will swamp any vestiges of Mars or Saturn!

Cheers

John W.
Back to top Go down
MalcolmB

MalcolmB

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi fellow stargazers...

It's 21.17 on the 5th July and the scope and camera were all set up waiting for it to get dark and suddenly about a hundred thousand million midges turned up. Even after liberal applications of Jungle Formula they still wouldn't leave me alone so following the rule that discretion is the better part of valour, I made a tactical retreat to the shower to wash the little buggers off my hair and body. I've got one of those anti-critter nets to go over my head but then I can't see what I'm doing! And they still land on my arms.

I might pop out later with the binos to have a look.

Hopefully it might be better tomorrow and Monday.

Meanwhile... On Monday I'm off to the National Space Centre with some of the guys from TASC to have a look at a Spitz A3P planetarium projector that they've offered to give us to replace the ancient GOTO projector at Wynyard. Apparently this is the model used to teach US pilots and astronauts to navigate by the stars. I've downloaded the destruction book/operating manual and it looks a little bit complicated but nothing we can't handle confused 

See you all at the next meeting

Clear midge-less skies

Malc

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th   Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moon, Mars and Saturn Conjunctions July 5th - 7th
Page 1 of 1