Bishop Auckland Astronomical Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bishop Auckland Astronomical Society

Official forum of B.A.A.S.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

question about Orionids

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
g34n87

question about Orionids  Empty
PostSubject: question about Orionids    question about Orionids  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:40 pm

to all brothers and sisters
is the Orionids possibly easy to observe in New Zealand?
what is the best timing for observing this meteors shower?
as i read some information about it seems around 4-5 am will be the best time to watch this meteors shower in auckland
Also where will be the best place to observe this in auckland?
scratch scratch 
Back to top Go down
DUANE
Admin
DUANE

PostSubject: Orionid Meteor Shower.   question about Orionids  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Mate,
you can see the Orionids from N.Z,but they will be low down for you,if you see ten an hour you will be doing well.The more North you go the better off you will be.These meteors produce lovely long trails as well.Good luck.
Incidently you do realise we are a British Astro Soc based in the North East of England,all the same I hope this information has been of help to you.

Best Wishes Duane (admin)

Back to top Go down
g34n87

PostSubject: Re: question about Orionids    question about Orionids  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am

thanks you for your explain about the Orionids, so as you mean im in the mid southern hemisphere latitudes the more north i go the better vision i got for this orionids?
on the other hand, what kind of place will be the best for observing it? should i go to the top of a mountain of should i find a flat place?
by the way which meteors showers will be the greatest in the second half of the year? Leonids seems will not be able to see in my latitudes as it will be too low

Back to top Go down
DUANE
Admin
DUANE

PostSubject: Orionid Meteor Shower.   question about Orionids  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Mate,no need to climb a mountain,just go some where as dark as possible,sit down or use a sun lounger and keep your eyes peeled.
The other Meteor shower of note is the Leonids November,(dont know if there will be Moon interference)also the Geminids December,these are generally a good strong shower.You need to look at the Moon Calender to see what phase the Moon will be for these showers.Good Luck.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about Orionids    question about Orionids  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about Orionids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bishop Auckland Astronomical Society :: Non Society Chat :: Observing-
Jump to: